Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Real Estate By The Numbers

Apartment shopping, decorating, throwing a house-warming party...these are the fun things that come to mind when I think "real estate." Unfortunately, it's also essential to do some tedious number crunching in order to figure out if one can afford such fun. Luckily, there is a whole slew of pre-programmed calculators on Yahoo Finance that do all the work for you. Three cheers to the math nerd who programmed these:

Yahoo Finance Real Estate Calculator

Should I rent or buy a home?
Should I refinance my home mortgage (break even)?
How much home can I afford?
Comprehensive mortgage calculator
Compare a "no-cost" versus traditional mortgage
Should I pay extra points for a lower rate?
Compare mortgage terms (i.e. 15yr, 20yr, 30yr)
What are the tax savings generated by my mortgage?
Value of reducing or foregoing expenses
Should I consolidate my personal debt?
What is the return on my real estate investment?
How much am I spending?
How much should I save to reach my goal?
What will my loan payments be?

No comments: